- Do you enjoy being part of the broad electrical engineering discipline, taking a deep dive into electrical distribution, illumination, processes, life safety or advanced building systems and maintaining strong client relationships?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Electrical Engineer with at least four years of experience?
- Are you a graduate of an accredited electrical engineering program with your P.Eng. designation?
If you scored four for four, JLR has a home for you within our electrical group! We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for a talented, entrepreneurial candidate to work alongside our exceptional people on JLR’s electrical team. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors while you take on existing clients develop new relationships, and deliver world-class, innovative solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our Electrical group is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Designing and conducting internal coordination, project management, and contract administration during construction of commercial-type projects, from concept through to completion.
- Leveraging your specialized electrical engineering experience in manufacturing, buildings, and/or commercial markets.
- Assisting with the management of workload of technicians and designers to ensure that project deadlines are met, and final deliverables align with client expectations.
- Participating in the preparation of proposals and the development of estimates for engineering services.
- Applying engineering fundamentals, including the application and verification of related software tools.
- Preparing accurate, clearly written, and well-organized technical reports.
- Mentoring junior engineers, EITs and technologists.
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines and architects on multi-disciplinary projects.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great Lakes of Ontario. Also:
- JLR is committed to being a leader in decarbonizing the buildings we design.
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have fun along the way (annual “prom,” golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in our electrical projects? Check out our work to design and oversee construction for the City of Kingston’s award-winning Ravensview Wastewater Treatment Plant. or our project on the Air Mobility Training Centre in Trenton.
These are just a few examples of projects we have been very proud to be a part of throughout JLR’s 65 year + history.
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.