- Are you an emerging leader looking to develop and manage clients and projects?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternative delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Electrical Technologist with related experience working on industrial and mining sector projects?
- Are you a recognized technology program graduate who can read drawings and schematics and understand electrical codes?
If you scored 4 for 4, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Sudbury office for a talented, entrepreneurial candidate to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s electrical group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in the industrial and mining sector, while you take on existing clients, develop new relationships and deliver world-class, sustainable solutions that support community building and growth in our cities.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means being part of a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary teams at JLR to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Applying fundamentals and engineering tools to design normal and emergency power distribution, communication, life safety, lighting, instrumentation, and control systems;
- Preparing electrical bid and construction drawings and documents for various projects;
- Assisting engineers and technologists with project execution during all project phases;
- Communicating effectively with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders; and
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines, architects, and sub-consultants on multidisciplinary projects.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great lakes. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. Also:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels;
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working;
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged;
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects;
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type;
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually;
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately;
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance; and
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing the email address provided.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply now