- Do you enjoy managing multiple schedules and coordinating meetings and special events while providing tactical, strategic, and operational support senior leadership?
- Are you a critical thinker with the ability to coordinate the scoping, planning, and steering of business-related activities?
- Are you exceptionally organized?
- Do you have superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills and consider yourself a wizard with the Microsoft Office suite?
If you scored 4 for 4, JLR has a home for you! We have opened a role in all of our offices for a talented and highly effective administrative professional. Reporting to the President & CEO, you will provide both front-line support and long-range strategic support to our Chiefs of business markets and disciplines. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Organize and attend weekly meetings; discern, write, and disseminate key talking points
- Gather, format, and prepare documents, content and ideas for distribution and presentation
- Provide strategic support to Chiefs, in their business development activities
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
- Initiate and organize promotional and networking opportunities for the firm’s business leaders
- Conduct market research and create reports related to JLR’s areas of expertise
- Assist in the development of market and discipline budgets, business plans, and other strategic initiatives
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great lakes. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. Also:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom,” golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more)
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply now