- Are you curious about how people move?
- Do wonder if traffic operations can be improved?
- Are you passionate about finding accessible, equitable, and safe solutions for all road users?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic Civil Engineer in Training or Civil Engineer with 3-8 years of experience in the transportation and planning sector?
If you scored 4 for 4, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Ottawa office for a talented and enthusiastic person to help JLR’s growing transportation team. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation, while you take on delivering world-class solutions to challenging transportation problems.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Working with an established, multi-disciplinary, integrated technical team of engineers, technologists, and support staff to build innovative transportation solutions for our clients
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals and technical reports including but not limited to: Transportation Impact Assessments, feasibility studies, and master planning studies (excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required. Bilingualism in French is considered an asset)
- Performing research, data collection, and conducting analysis using advanced Excel spreadsheet tools
- Working with Synchro, VISSIM and various transportation modelling software
- Preparing design drawings for small to medium sized projects using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Reviewing design drawings highways, urban roads, intersections, Site Plans and Plans of Subdivision, from a transportation perspective and the perspective of applicable design standards (e.g., TAC and OTM) and municipal by-laws
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world, we’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the great lakes of Ontario. Also:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more)
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply now