- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Mechanical EIT?
- Do you have a desire to actively participate in multidisciplinary teams of architects, engineers, planners, and other specialists to get the job done?
If you scored three for three, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in our Guelph office for a talented, driven person to support our Mechanical team. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you deliver outstanding solutions and support to our clients.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you’re innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Working directly with mechanical engineers and technologists as part of an integrated multidisciplinary project team to develop PFDs and P&IDs, general arrangements, and select mechanical equipment.
- Applying fundamentals and engineering tools to design mechanical systems, including but not limited to process equipment modification/replacement, pumping systems, HVAC and plumbing systems, etc.
- Preparing mechanical tender/construction drawings and contract documents for industrial, mining and commercial projects
- Assisting project managers, engineers, and technologists with project execution during all project phases.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great Lakes. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we love northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration .We have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have fun along the way (annual “prom,” golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in our mechanical projects? Check out the expansion work we did for the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport; our design work for the structural components at the Gold Mine Concentrator Facility (Mill); or the Vale Living with Lakes Centre, where we collaborated with internationally recognized scientists with expertise in protecting and restoring industrially damaged ecosystems to inform the building’s design.
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply now