- Are you a true leader with a personal vision and a big-picture mindset?
- Does working with an experienced team to create high-quality custom solutions for clients using innovative technologies and alternate delivery methods excite you?
- Are you a resourceful, dynamic, and driven Mechanical Engineer with at least 5-7 years of experience in the design of building systems, including HVAC, fire protection, and plumbing, in accordance with current codes and standards?
- Have you ever considered leading your own practice but worried that the amount of time and resources needed would be overwhelming?
If you scored 4 for 4, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened roles in our offices for talented, entrepreneurial people to build and grow JLR’s Buildings market. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, a 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in a variety of sectors, while you deliver outstanding solutions and support to our clients.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, planning, and energy systems professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to help establish new clients and partner with existing ones to develop insightful solutions and see projects through from inception to completion.
If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Designing, internal coordination, project management, and contract administration during construction of projects, from concept through to completion.
- Working directly with engineers, architects, technologists, and specialist sub-consultants across all of JLR’s offices as an integrated, multidisciplinary Project Team.
- Coordinating with designers to optimize general arrangements, equipment selection, piping, and ductwork layouts.
- Assisting with the workload management of technicians and designers to ensure that project deadlines are met and final deliverables align with client expectations.
- Identifying and responding to client needs and regulatory requirements.
- Participating in the preparation of proposals and the development of estimates for engineering services.
- Applying engineering fundamentals, including the application and verification of related software tools.
- Completing site reviews during construction and reporting on observations.
- Mentoring designers and junior engineers.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in southwestern Ontario and all along the Great Lakes. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the National Capital and Kingston regions, and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural world. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- We offer opportunities to become an Associate level member and earn even greater rewards.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working.
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, initiative, and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration – we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health & dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (annual “prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing email@example.com.
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply now